

I will let you in on a secret. Thanks to a certain commentator, my only commentator, I decided to try another entry.
I have another chair before and after today. This is a 1930's arm chair from GW in need of an update. I paid $10.00. I love the shape and thought it would make a great LR chair for me as I knit at night. I had visions of listening to my son read to me in this chair.
Here are some tips:
1. Be sure to wrap any existing stuffing with fresh batting so it will be smooth.
2. Be sure to carefully take the current fabric off. You will use the old fabric as a template for the new fabric.
3. Buy the reupholstery tools at JF or HL. They are worth it!
4. Don't buy the cheap tacks in bulk. You will grumble and cry because the nail heads will protrude when you nail them in. I am just sayin'....
5. Don't be surprised when someone else claims your treasure for their own.
My husband now sits in my chair everynight while watching tv.





I'd love to know more about how you did this! I'm on the hunt for a 'new' chair for my living room too...but I've been afraid to buy anything that is actually upholstered b/c I wasn't sure how to re-cover it. I'd love a quick "how-to" from you if you don't mind!
ReplyDelete