I literally picked this out of someone's trash. (I even asked first)I brought it home because of a few crystal knobs it had for handles. It had been painted many times and decoupaged with fabric and sponged with gold paint. Unfortunately it was missing a drawer. It took the span of a month to transform this into something pretty and functional. A good friend cut a piece of plywood to match for use as a shelf. The back of this dresser is marked elm. The grain pattern is so unique. I didn't use a stain on the piece after stripping it. I just used a rub on poly. The new hardware matches the ghosts left by the original hardware. It is a bit too brassy; I might have to antique them some. This has to be one of my favorite refinishing projects. Sorry about the order of the pictures. I haven't figured out how to command their order even though I posted the before picture first.
The Backyard Project
2 weeks ago





It looks very nice!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful piece since you reworked it.
ReplyDeleteHINT: When you want the BEFORE picture to show first, you must pull them to your blog in reverse order. Look at your pictures, write down their disc number, and then insert the pictures in reverse order: Put FINISHED photos first, then BEFORE picture last and it will be at the top - like you want it. I learned this by trial and error. Kind of like stacking wooden blocks as a child ... last one goes on top!
Betty in Oklahoma
blue.eagle@cox.net