Tuesday, August 4, 2009

By No Means Pretty Yet Necessary!

Ladies, let me just start by saying if I don't get a good night's rest tonight I might just have a melt-down! Some people in our neighborhood have been rehabing their house for a few weeks now. We are talking gutting with gusto! I am absolutely all for it and want them to succeed-really, I do. Just not at 1 and 2 am. I don't know about you but I totally see why we have our babies in our youth and right now 35 doesn't feel all that youthful!
Ok, on with the post. How many of you have one of thesefire-proof boxes? I found one last week at Big Lots for a great deal. If you don't have one, you really need to consider getting one. I don't have loads of valuables that I need to tuck into a safe. No family jewels here! But it is a good idea to keep all of those important papers inside. Here are items to consider: birth certificates, marriage licenses, social security cards, last two years taxes, wills, life insurance policies,titles, deeds, mortgage paperwork, retirement info. etc. If your household is like mine, you are the one doing the bills. In this new paperless age we are paying more and more bills online. If our hubby needed to take over it would be a catastrophe. Shoot! Mine couldn't even log onto my computer without me. SO, this box is a great place to store all of that info. It will all be in one place if needed.
Now don't forget to lock it. Not just because of someone's uninvited eyes but also because if a fire were to strike at your home, that would really not be the time to think about wishing you would have locked the box as it tumbles through the floors of your dwelling. Now about those keys, I have it on good authority that when the box is in a fire the outer shell sorta melts so it will take more than a key to get it open. So just make sure you keep the key in a place convenient for you on an everyday basis and maybe put the other in your safety deposit box.
Not that I wish any illwill on anyone but being prepared is always fashionable. I just know one of you ladies can find a way to make those boxes pretty. Someone will have decoupaged theirs, painted it, scrapbooked it..........

No comments:

Post a Comment